Create beautiful Christmas DIY home decor with the 12 Crafts of Christmas.
12 Crafts of Christmas: Made With Love
There’s something special about creating a beautiful piece of home decor with your own hands. You’ve put time, creative thought, and effort into your piece of art, and no two items are exactly the same. Which makes each a masterpiece in their own right. And if you’re creating them for diy Christmas gifts, then your love is also poured into the gift you created especially for someone.
Another perk for those who are budget-minded, handmade crafts can be less expensive than store-bought gifts. That’s if you are able to save money on supplies by having some materials already on hand. Or if you need to buy supplies, plan to make a few gifts to distribute the costs of the craft supplies over many gifts. A lot of the same decorative accents are using in three or more of the 12 Crafts of Christmas tutorials to offset costs and use up supplies.
You can get started by shopping your own home for supplies that you already have on hand and giving them a new life. Or you can usually find these supplies inexpensively at thrift stores or dollar stores. The value is in the time and thought that you put into the craft. So in the spirit of giving, I’m giving you 12 easy DIY Christmas crafts you can make and gift this season.
Let’s spread holiday cheer and the magic of gratitude.
The 12 Crafts of Christmas List
These diy holiday projects are designed so that you can complete each one in a single evening. They are simple crafts for anyone of any age to follow. And they are budget-friendly. Times are tough and making a gift from the heart is often less expensive than buying something similar in a store.
You can find most of the supplies already in your home or from a dollar store. The link for every tutorial is posted below. Just save this page so you can easily come back to explore them all! Bookmark it, pin it to Pinterest, or sign up for my newsletter to be updated on new posts and get access to my freebie library.
- Day 1: Christmas Stacked Books: You choose the saying for the spines of these painted Christmas books.
- Day 2: Christmas Pallet Sign: A simple and rustic wood sign for the holidays using paint stir sticks.
- Day 3: Christmas Snow Globe: A DIY take on a classic winter decor item using a mason jar.
- Day 4: Christmas Lantern: Have fun watching eyes light up after spotting this glowing lantern.
- Day 5: Christmas Mug: Warm hearts with a personalized cup of hot cocoa this season.
- Day 6: Christmas Joy Wine Bottle Set: Reuse your empty bottles as stylish festive decor.
- Day 7: Christmas Tiered Tray: A fun way to serve cookies on Christmas.
- Day 8: Frosted Ornament: Dress up your Christmas baubles using Epsom salt.
- Day 9: Christmas Gnome: Who doesn’t love a fun DIY craft? Gnome-body!
- Day 10: Christmas Candle Holder: Bring nature indoors with this stylish accent decor.
- Day 11: Mini Christmas Tree: Add a mini Christmas tree to any room of your home no matter the size.
- Day 12: Christmas Centerpiece: Create an eye-catching tablescape by adding a diy Christmas centerpiece.
Gratitude and Gifts
Gratitude and gifts often go hand in hand. Now, it might be my love language showing through, but I like to give gifts as a sign of my love and appreciation. Homemade gifts are especially important as they contain some extra thoughtfulness and care, wouldn’t you agree?
So whether you are creating these 12 Crafts of Christmas DIY home decor as a gift for someone or for yourself, I hope you enjoy the time you spend making them. If you are looking for some easy DIY tree ornaments, please visit the page for my friend Junette, who has some very pretty ornament tutorials up for her 7 Days of Frugal & Easy Christmas Decorations series.
Do you plan on decluttering after Christmas? Check out my list of items you can safely purge and be ready to get your home organization game on! But why wait? You can make more room in your home as you set up the Christmas decorations by decluttering what you already know isn’t serving a purpose in your home. After Christmas is a great time to get started on home organization. A fresh start in a new year brings along wishes of an organized and clean start to the year in our homes as well.